- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus more for dipping)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375. Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together granulated and brown sugars, butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beating to combine. Stir in dry ingredients, blending well. Set dough aside.
2. Stir together remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. With floured hands, roll mixture into 26(1-inch) balls.
3 Break off about 1 tablespoon cookie dough, make an indentation in center with thumb, and press 1 peanut butter ball into indentation. Wrap dough up and over filling, pressing to seal; roll cookie to smooth it out. Repeat for each cookie.
4. Dip top of each cookie in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Use greased bottom of drinking glass to flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Bake cookies at 375 for 7-9 minutes or until set. Let cool on wire rack.