- Start with any smallish glass container
- Fill with about 1" of apple cider vinegar
- Tightly seal with plastic wrap
- Poke 1-3 smallish holes in the top (I use a ball point pen)
- Set in high traffic area (near sink, potted plant, fruit bowl, etc.)
What happens is the little buggers are attracted to the scent, enter the hole, find their way down to the liquid and drown. It's beautiful. We recently returned home from our week in Phoenix only to find the fruit fly population overwhelming our small kitchen. I set out 2 traps and by this evening there were easily 50 of them sent to their vinegary grave.
*here are some other ideas....