Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Driver's Beware!

I'm now on the road sporting my new bike! Well, new to me. D found the old steel-framed, step-through beaut for me on Craig's List, and I love it! My first spin proved to be a bit wobbly as I can't remember the last time I donned one of those contraptions of gears and chains, but it's true; you never forget how. And thankfully, because am in desperate need of free exercise.


I first learned how to ride a tiny blue Schwinn, then graduated to a larger metallic red one (the very one my dad cleaned up and has waiting in his garage for just the right Christmas or birthday present in a few years for E), and now keeping with my brand loyalty this old chocolaty girl! I'll have to outfit her with a rear and front baskets, a new seat probably, perhaps a bell, and eventually switch out the hub, but for now it feels great gliding down the street with the fam all in a row.


* We took our first family bike ride around Green Lake and had a blast!

2 comments: