Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thank Goodness for Starbucks

Alright, I'll explain myself. Officially, being a native Seattlite, I can find a better cup elsewhere, and I'm not too keen on their take-over-the-world business practices. But because they are plentiful, sometimes located directly across the street from one another, you can count on a clean bathroom in just about any small corner of our fair city. Bless them. As E is still in the first year of mastery in the potty department, we have been in a potty emergency more times than I can count. Just such an incident happened today, which prompted me to jot this thought down.

We were exiting the I-5 heading towards home, and her little legs started kicking and the squirming started. "Mama, I hafta go potty, NOW!" My mind did a quick scan of the area, "Alright, there's a Starbucks right over here, hold it, ok?" I navigated the car into their cramped parking lot, slammed it into 'park', scooped her out of her car seat and made a beeline for the back of the store. All the staff smiled, one even opened the door for us, and we were in! Whew! Deep breath, we made it! Thank Goodness for Starbucks.

P.S. Yes, I purchased an iced tea on the way out...

3 comments:

  1. i had a similar experience today, myself! except, it was me (not one of the boys) with the bathroom emergency and it was a dunkin donuts bathroom, instead. yes, we practically have these on every corner too! crazy! (and i did buy a half-decaf toasted almond iced coffee with milk and 2 sugars on the way out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh the panic scan to find the closest bathroom! I know it all too well right now as well.

    A few days ago, we pleaded with some very kind Verizon employees who let us use their staff bathroom. God bless Verizon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these stories...as we STILL go thru it (almost 2 years into potty-ing). then there are the times that stella just wants to see the potty...EVERYWHERE we go! oh the fun!

    ReplyDelete