Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sleepover

I've been busy this weekend. On Friday I picked up two of E's friends from school so they could spend the weekend with us while their parents flew to a wedding in Chicago. Thankfully the weather looked promising, and I had a few activities planned to keep us going. These kids are like family, so we all know what to expect with one another. They do a great job looking out for E, and she adores them.

I had each of the kids make their own pizza for dinner, hit the park, and we did popcorn and a movie before bed. On the way home from the playground E and I taught the kids our animal guessing game. "I'm thinking of an animal that..." This entertained them for the entirety of every car ride, and gave me some time to zone (or plan my next move).


My E

My August

My Hazel

In the morning I made pancakes, and hit the coffee shop for some caffeine for me and hot cocoa for the troupe. Our local outdoor market was having their first opening of the season so we perused the veggies, and wares before loading back into van for August's baseball game. What a great time, the girls busied themselves with pens, paper, books and dolls and I made an idiot out of myself cheering and whooping it up for our little guy! He did great, and I was so proud!

Snacks

A little soft shoe

pose

After the game we made grilled cheese and soup for lunch and then it was quiet time. For everyone. E napped, August played his video game thingy, Hazel did art project after art project, and I cleaned the house. After dinner we hit the playground again and went out for ice cream. August was a little disappointed when I told him I didn't have all the ingredients for decorating cookies, but he chose cookie dough ice cream, and I think it sufficed nicely.

The kids woke up the next morning to warm scones, and then we were off to church. From there I dropped them off at their house and reinforcements were waiting to relieve me. We said our good-byes, and then E and I drove home. Immediately E said, "Mommy, now you can play the animal guess game again, what animal are you thinking of?"

It seemed like a pretty quick visit while they were here, but when I got home I crashed on the couch. I have a whole new respect for mom's that juggle more than one kid, their emotions, quirks, eating habits, bathroom habits, sleeping habits...such mental acrobatics!

1 comment:

  1. ann, you are the best babysitter! the kids always have such a great time with you. love the pictures!

    and, it has been really, really nice seeing dave. the boys were so excited.

    ReplyDelete