Monday, May 7, 2007

Spring has Sprung

We finally had this amazingly beautiful and warm day. E and I spent the morning at the zoo. Our original plan was to visit a friend in Poulsbo, but after waiting in the ferry line for an extensive and unusually long time we were informed that there was a bomb threat and they were shutting down for a while. The zoo was uncrowded, and all the animals were out, perfect!


Later, while E napped I was able to get my tomato plants in the garden, and various areas weeded. This evening I invited my parents over to christen the BBQ for the summer with burgers, it was nice.

And, now as I write this at 8:30pm my neighbor is mowing his lawn and the aroma of freshly cut grass is wafting in through my open windows. The warmer weather has finally reached the Northwest, and these days do not go unnoticed. They are relished. I take mental pictures of these long sunny days, and store them up for the winter. When there's only 6 hours of daylight in Winter, we have only 6 hours of darkness in Summer. It is simply heaven to be out in my yard watering the thirsty plants at 10pm and it's barely hit twilight.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, i just love these warm spring days too. i was taking "mental pictures" for winter the other day, too, as i sat on a beach while the boys played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that was so beautifully written!!!i miss spring in seattle...sigh....

    ReplyDelete