Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I LOVE Summer

I have been in Summer mode lately, partly because of the recent weather swing here, and partly in preparation for the trip E and I are taking later this week. We're gonna hop on a plane to Phoenix to visit D's family for a week in the heat. It's supposed to reach 103 on Friday! That's a little too intense for me, but I'll revel in it, and dip my toes in their backyard pool. Here's my anticipatory list for this coming Summer, now if I could just find those sunglasses...

Pro:

it's light out until 10pm
homemade popsicle's
children smell like sunscreen
tomato's from the garden
cookouts on the BBQ
the garden looks great
walking in my bare feet
the school buses aren't rumbling past my house all day
berries
walks after dinner
camping
outdoor markets
the beach
open windows
Green Lake wadding pool
drying clothes outside on the line
the tv's hardly on
vacations with friends & family
no heating bill
my feet are warm when i get in bed at night
boat rides
ice tea & sangria

Con:

hot seat belt buckles
stubbed toes
skimpier clothes = more of your body showing
slugs
bee's dive-bombing your BBQ

5 comments:

  1. Oh! have fun on your trip! Your pro column brought so many good feelings reading through it. "I am with ya on the cons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pros, i would add:

    sun soaking on my face
    not having to rush home to get the kids to bed by 8:30
    blankets in the grass
    ice cream

    cons, i would add:

    filling a whole day that stays light until 10:00

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay... hmmm.... more cons: sweaty armpits, bad humidity hair days, calloused feet (sorry jen, i know you hate feet :)

    more pros:
    you can eat ice cream every night
    sun-tanned skin
    the air smells so sweet
    (although the boys heads smell like wet animals)
    less layers needed to keep me warm
    flirty skirts and flip flops

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, tania, who are you kidding? you could eat ice cream every night regardless of the weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did i not know you've been blogging all this time? i've enjoyed catching up, reading thru your old posts. you write and communicate beautifully and i love the pictures too! keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete