Thursday, December 6, 2007

Identify Yourselves!

It occurred to me today that some that read this (you lurkers) are in far off places, and I've likely not even met you. This of course was designed to be a place to commit thoughts to paper as it were, and a way for those that are far away from my evolving family to stay in touch. But just this afternoon as I checked the locations of some of my blog traffic, my brow furrowed and mouth dropped. "Who are they all...Utah...Michigan...Greece & Vietnam? Wow! I'd love to know who they are, how they got here, why do they visit? It's perplexing to me!"

This blogging thing is relatively new to me. It's served a purpose I didn't expect, by reconnecting me with a friend I thought was only a fond distant memory. It's been so fun to keep up on the lives of a loved one moved way across this expansive land, and those so dear just miles away. All the while trying to write for myself, to honestly depict my days, to capture these fleeting moments of E growing up, using this place as a journal/baby book/photo album. This has admittedly gotten a little tricky; who exactly is reading this? Who's looking at my family photo's? Who's interested?

If ever you were so inclined, I'd love comments every now and then.

Simply a 'hi'?

15 comments:

  1. what is an easy way to check blog traffic? i'd be interested in doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've wondered the same thing...especially recently. some lurkers are starting to speak up on my blog...but i know that i rarely comment on the ones i so often "lurk" at! hee hee...it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look but now I want to do one. I live below you but now I see a hole different side. I like that Love you big sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's Denise in Maine...soon to be VA. I felt the same way when I first started blogging...how did my "journal" become public knowledge?? And who in Ghana is reading me???

    But now, I don't know, I just write what I'd be talking about with friends and if others read it, then I guess they eventually become friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi anne-krestene. mary here from yesteryear at the sjcc. i got connected to your blog through jen many's and am taken with your pictures. i wanted to say 'hello!' earlier but for whatever reason i didn't muster the courage. hope this finds you well-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I hail from Kazehkstan. I find your blog when I do a google search for women with plow experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi. i found you through jen many's blog, which i found through damien jurado's myspace blog a long time ago. i like looking at your pics and reading your thoughts. you seattle mamas rock :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. There, was that so hard?

    I'm loving this!

    Not as an ego boost, just to see where everyone is from and why they stop by is so fun! Thanks to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wilson always wants to know what's happening with the Bazan family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Grandpa gave me your blog. I guess now I can be considered a "lurker". I love it. E is so beautiful. It is so much fun to see a glimpse of her life.

    Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm more of a monthly lurker ;) wish i could keep up better though. I really enjoy your blog Ann! It was good to see Dave last week too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, I'm likely the Utah person... It's Amy from Michigan/Seattle/now Utah. Stumbled on the link from Jen's site, so I figured I'd check in on what's going on in your life.

    I saw your posts about a 12 week old, so I was scrolling back in time to see if I missed anything that happened in December... Do you have 2 now???

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops it was silenthighway.com, if for some reason that would have any interest. Enjoy the summer! Here in Denmark we have warm scandinavian summer - great :)

    ReplyDelete