Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Snowy 1st Day of Advent

(dizzy)

("Standing outside, with my mouth open wide!")

We were greeted by a few flakes this morning, but it really came down right around noon and hasn't really stopped. Great Grandma is visiting from Phoenix and has been constantly remarking on the beauty of the frosted trees and gentle glide of the falling snow. It really is breathtaking. I love the sound it makes when the wind kicks up and hurtles those frozen bits against the windows.

(lights on the rail)

(walkway)

(peeking out the window after nap)

6 comments:

  1. ann, i'm loving your photos lately...really nice!!! and it couldn't get cuter than that little red bum in knee socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's that camera! I'm finally able to capture the world the way I want. Still aching for this really cool lens, but I'm having sooo much fun and taking way too many photo's everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s Can you tell that E helped in the decorating of our tree? The bottom half of is drooping with ornament clusters. I considered redistributing them, and then thought better of it; these years are so fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun! snow! we are maybe supposed to get some tomorrow or monday.... it is c-c-cold here!! really loving all the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there---I've ended up over here via Tania's blog, and I have to say, you take the most amazing pictures!! I've thought that for a while now, but apparently this last round of photos has us all in the commenting mood ;-)!!

    Really, you have an amazing eye!! Thanks for the peek back to life in the NW....I miss it out there!

    Take care-

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new layout, and the pics! wasn't that snow fantastic? i like what you said about the drooping christmas tree too. they can only reach one spot and put them all there! some of my favorite home movies are from francis decorating when he was a tot; and you're right, it goes by all too quickly.

    ReplyDelete