Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Spider

It's that time of year. When the spiders start coming indoors. I was just sitting here at the computer, ready to turn in for the night when I heard a rustle. I quickly turned around to find a ginormous spider making it's way across the floor having just scurried over a plastic bag (yes I heard it!) Not knowing what to grab first I quickly pounded it with a box of checks. And then I caught my breath.

(the following is my thought process)
What to do now?
Call D, no answer.
It's been said that some arachnids attract more spiders with their pheromones once squished. I don't want that, but it's hard to bring myself to check and see if it's really dead.
Get some toilet paper, and flush it.
OK, check under the box again.
Nope!
Not dead, it sprang to attention when I removed the box!
Box again.
Geeze!
I don't want to deal with this, but D isn't here and I have 2 sleeping 3-year-olds next door (E's having a sleepover)
So glad it didn't go in there! What if there' s more?
Look and make sure it's not escaping
You can't leave it there until morning, it may get away.
OK, you have to do this now, if you leave it for tomorrow someone might kick it over in the morning.
You won't be able to sleep anyhow wondering all night if it's inching it's way between the box and carpet.
RIIING - D's advice is to get shoes on and just step on it, smash it into the carpet. At least it'll be dead.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK it's done.

I lifted the box threw some toilet paper over that brown beast, stamped 3 times while letting out high pitched yelps, then sprayed the area many times over with lavender spray, and flushed it (also flushed the other toilet, and ran all the faucets for good measure - that thing is g-o-n-e).

I am the queen of this castle!

Another gal in the same boat...

4 comments:

  1. totally G-R-O-S-S! way to get the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great story teller ann krestene. I was totally into your spider tale.

    I can't believe you heard it... blahhhhh!

    Another friend of mine just blogged about killing a spider sunday. I think you're right, they are all coming in after us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the thought process...
    it's amazing how much one can think in a few seconds...
    i like the new layout too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog, laughed hysterically at the spider event...note to self: remember to try a shoe rather than the bottom of my coffee cup next time.

    ReplyDelete