Thursday, September 13, 2007

Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Peanut-Butter-Cookies


The weather is cooling down, you might need a hearty cookie to pack in a lunch. These are my favorites. The recipe makes about 5 dozen, make a batch and freeze some!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. peanut butter (chunky)
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
6 c. old fashioned oats
2 c. chocolate chips

  • Add ingredients to mixer in order that they appear.
  • Shape into balls the size of a golf ball.
  • Place on un-greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes, I switch racks half way through.
  • Let cookies cool for about 5-7 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
* I really give my 5 QT Kitchen Aid mixer a work out with this recipe, and it just barely contains the dough in the end, for smaller mixers you may be able to cut the recipe in 1/2.

4 comments:

  1. oh my! all that yummy goodness in one cookie...i'm makin-em tonight!!

    thanks ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I made them this time, I used that peanut butter you can grind yourself (Jen's got me hooked on the stuff, and it's surprisingly inexpensive) in the health food dept. They tasted really wholesome fresh...without all the added sugar from commercial peanut butter.

    But use what ya got, I grew up on them with Extra Chunky JIF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! ez loves to bake, so maybe we'll do your recipe together next week. :)

    ReplyDelete