Monday, July 23, 2007

Orderly

David's parents just left after about a week long visit. I keep a clean home, it's not always neat, but it's clean. Well, you know how when your relatives come the house must be cleaned AND neat, even if they don't care, it enables you to relax and enjoy their visit all the more. Well, for this particular visit all the common areas were tidied. The kitchen and bathroom scoured, the carpets vacuumed and all other surfaces dusted and scrubbed. However, I didn't quite make it to our room and the office (our dumping grounds) before they arrived. So yesterday during naptime I recruited Dave to help in the bedroom. So much stuff had accumulated; toys, piles of clean folded laundry that hadn't been put away, the books were all askew on the shelves, Dave's tour luggage was heaped in a corner, even (dare I say) various paraphernalia from a wedding I was in this last March was still out on my dresser. Yikes! Well, yesterday we cleaned, tossed, organized and it feels so good! I can walk from the side of my bed to the door without tripping on a Lego tower, or the leaning tower of folded laundry! This task has been nagging at me for weeks and weeks and in only an hour we were liberated. Now, onto the office...


2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than having your house be this neat...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! that sounds like what our room usually looks like. We cleaned it, when Jen came and we have been trying our hardest to keep it neat and orderly since. It gets cluttered so fast, but It feels SO good when it is clean huh?

    ReplyDelete