This years garden list is as follows:
Dutch Fingerling, Yukon Gold, Red and White Potatoes
Sunflowers (for seeds)
Red and Golden Raspberries
Green, Burgundy, and Yellow Bush Beans
2 Varieties of Kale
Dual Purpose (baking and carving) Pumpkins
Sugar Snap Peas
Tomato's 8 Varieties
Purple Bell Pepper
Purple and Orange Carrots
Easter Egg Radishes
Flat and Curly Leaf Parsley
Some random squash from seeds I saved from last year.
Photos of above mentioned deliciousness:
|Realizing that this photo doesn't really do the space justice this is a 5x17 foot bed|
|9x17' with 2 foot walkway divider|
To put it all in perspective, I have a close-as-I can-get-aerial-shot of the garden. Because this is taken from the furthest perch on my deck the bed against the house is not pictured nor the popping corn rows just behind the tomatoes and wooden raised bed.
As for my goals:
- I really want to continue to replace and repurpose my existing ornamental beds with ones for food. I am visualizing a blueberry hedge just in front of the apple and pear trees in the front and ripping up more lawn for over-wintering raised beds.
- I want to save the seeds of things that we loved (just one tomato offers so many seeds!)
- I want to continue my investigations in succession planting to have a constant harvest.
- I want to do a cover crop for the first time.
- I really want to pay attention to what grows well on my plot and what we will eat. I have wild dreams of wheat and quinoa in years to come too. We'll see.