Sunday, June 10, 2012

Party Time!

N got to celebrate his big day for a week. I started decorating the house a week before the actual party, and I was glad to have it so festive! N really wanted a Totoro Party. Our family has a very soft spot in our collective family heart for the Studio Ghibli animated films and Totro is at the squishy center. I set to work checking out blogs from moms that had done the same thing, I filed some good ideas away and wondered if I was really going to pull this off? I found a site dedicated to free printable's I used for hanging ceiling decorations, I found another that offered free wallpapers that I downloaded and printed up for magnets. The kids and I started sunflower seeds so our guests could take home a few sprouts a la the acorn garden scene. I visited a handful of Asian markets to pick and choose a few snacks that our American kid palates would appreciate. I began strategizing how to pull off a Cat Bus birthday cake and Soot Sprite and Totoro carnival games...I had waaaaay too much fun with this.

Seed Starting
Making Acorn Bean Bags

Turned out Great!
Exacto
These Guys were Lurking Everywhere!
Making Pom Pom Soot Sprites
Assembly Line
Super Cute
Late Night Cake Assembly
Magnets
Bean Bag Toss Final Product
Hiding
Fishing for Soot Sprites (we also had leaf hats and soot sprite necklaces )
Bubbles are always a hit
Soot Sprite Balloons
Take Home Gifts
The weather was so nice
The finished product
Surveying the Goods
Stamp of Approval
Blow out the candles
Soot Sprite Cupcakes


Gifts! (notice the lovely Totoro hat he got!

Thank You Card Sneak Peek
* Thanks so much to Jason and Eileen for taking pictures for me at the party, you made this post possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment