Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweater Drive

Going on now through February 7th, in the Seattle Area.

"The sweater drive was created by Neighborhood host Fred Rogers in 1998 to commemorate the show’s 30th anniversary on PBS. Since then, PBS stations across the country have partnered yearly with community groups to collect over two million items of clothing.

“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It is easy to say 'It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.' Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.”
- Fred Rogers

There is a large need this year for children’s coats and sweaters. Clothing donations will be distributed by Wellspring Family Services via their Baby Boutique store on 1900 Rainier Ave. South. Collection bins are located in all nine PCC locations and at the KCTS 9 station lobby at 401 Mercer Street. KCTS 9 is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m."

* From here

No comments:

Post a Comment