Thursday, July 16, 2009

Girls Night Out

E's been thinking of what she wanted as her 'big sister gift.' It took her a while and a lot of ideas, but she finally settled on getting her ears pierced. She asked a few friends about what it was like, and if it hurt...in the end she felt convinced it was for her.

So she and I were off to the mall for a little dinner and a stop off at Claire's (coincidentally the exact same place where I got my ears pierced).

I gave her an out up until the end (I wanted her to be responsible for this decision)...she vacillated between being really excited and petrified. She chose her studs (rainbow sparkle, her favorite color these days-big surprise), sat in the chair, the technician marked her ears, she gave Claire-Bear a squeeze, and buckled down and did it. Admittedly she was shocked by how it did hurt, but quickly reverted to a calm state while she shyly admired her lobes in the mirror.

3 comments:

  1. wow! you were very brave! i think you chose a GREAT big sister gift!! you look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! And you didn't call us to tell us? Holy cow....Hazel and I can not wait to see her ears!!!
    Rainbows even!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it amazing that little kids can sooo know what they want? my mom said i begged for two years and they finally let me get my ears pierced when i was 7. even at such a young age, we will take the pain for the beauty! hahahha
    way to go, Ellanor!

    ReplyDelete