Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beach Baby

E remarked that today would be a good day to visit the beach, and under normal circumstances I would have agreed with her; the mercury is hovering just above 70, we just came home with our new tablecloth for the first outside meal of the season, we've been sucking on popsicles, and she's decked out in her new Saltwater's. Perfect day for the beach. Except my belly currently is the size of a beach ball, and with all the Braxton Hicks I've been having, toting all our shovels, umbrella and folding chairs down to the shore on my own isn't exactly my definition of sane.

So my response to her was, "Y'know it does sound good, but I really can't do anything without Daddy right now. What if 'Buddy' decided to come out and we were all the way down there on our own?" "Oh yeah," she said "He'd get shells in his ears, sand in his eyes, and fish in his mouth."

Many giggles ensued.

1 comment: