French Blueberry Breakfast Coffeecake
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen then thawed blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs
- Sift flour, b.powder, salt, and nutmeg
- Add sifted ingredients to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup of milk
- Grease and flour 1 9x13 pan, scoop in batter, it's very thick so pat it out evenly
- Spread blueberries over batter (maybe push in a little), then sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mix
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until wooden skewer poked in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool (slightly) and enjoy!
- Cover tightly, this one dries out easily
*Disclaimer: I have no idea why this is labeled a "French" coffeecake.
*If you wish to make muffins, hand mix in 1 cup of berries into the batter, spoon into muffin papers at 2/3 full. After they are baked (20-25 minutes) and cooled, you can melt a bit of butter in a dish, dunk the tops in and then into cinnamon/sugar. These are nice with or without the berries and freeze quite well! It makes 2 dozen.