Friday, January 23, 2009

Simple Green Machine

Last night we went out for D's birthday to an Italian restaurant that shall remain anonymous. We met up with D's sister's family, ordered our food & drinks and chatted over our salads as we waited for our meal to come. Our waitress was friendly and competent, but then it happened. A glass of red wine was ordered, she brought it to our table and hastily set it down...and it spilled...all over me. I will remind you, the reader; I am pregnant and as it happened the only one at the table not drinking red wine (aside from the children). And I got the better part of an entire glass of wine in my lap. Let me also remind you that I am of the thriftier sort and have only at this point seen fit to purchase 2 pair of maternity pants this pregnancy, bringing my total to 3. 3 pair of pants that I fit into. And now 1 was soaked in wine...red wine.

Our waitress was appropriately apologetic, and immediately offered the assistance of the manager, who was additionally concerned and apologetic. She offered me a dishcloth soaked on seltzer water, the promise that the restaurant would cover any dry cleaning the incident required and in the end took $50 off our bill for the mishap. Kudos, we will be coming back.

So we arrive home, and I get to thinking about Simple Green. I love Simple Green; non-toxic and biodegradable, it's never let me down. I've even removed tree sap from clothing with the stuff for heavens sake. I changed into cozy pj's (after sitting in wet clothes for over an hour I was freezing) and sprayed the dickens out of my pants and brand new sweater I had just received for Christmas. I let them soak for an hour, then dumped them in the washer with warm water and detergent. Ran a cycle, and then repeated. Folks there is neary a trace of purple to be seen! I'm so happy!

2 comments:

  1. we're not fond of said eating establishment anymore. the last two times we went we were not pleased. i guess they got taken over by a new company...first we loose our mexican joint, now this...crap...i may have to start cooking at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love simple green too! tim's mom introduced it to me several years ago and i use it as my main cleaning agent. i forgot how good it can be on clothing stains! so sorry that happened to you.
    happy birthday dave!

    ReplyDelete