Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Going Green

Years back, when things were, well, less complicated. When Dave and I were free wheelin', childless, young, twenty-somethings. We went to lots of gatherings, nothing crazy, just people hanging out and eating good food. One such evening, we assembled with some of our friends from California that were in town for a recording session. We each contributed something to the festivities. One such dish was a very simple, but complex tasting appetizer. It was this dish that came flooding to my brain the minute I saw the cucumber earlier this week at the market, and I haven't been able to shake it out on my head. So I rolled up my sleeves and here it is:

Cold Cucumber with Lime


1 English Cucumber
2-3 Limes
Salt & Pepper
Fresh Cilantro (this was my addition to the dish, and can be omitted)

Slice cucumbers after washing (leaving the peel on) squeeze limes over cucumbers, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then chopped cilantro, then toss. Let marinate in fridge for at least 20 minutes (if you can wait that long).

No comments:

Post a Comment