Monday, March 19, 2007

Playing Catch-Up

For the last week I've been battered by the flu, or at least something like it. I was so glad to have family and DVD's to entertain E, while I slept. The dishes piled up, the laundry stopped, and I couldn't do a thing about it. Weak, nauseous, and exhausted, I was down. I hibernated. The only thing I could stomach was water, and soda crackers. So after days of sweating and lying dizzy in bed, we ventured out on Saturday. We traveled by ferry to visit my younger brother on the Kitsap Peninsula. Our day was mostly comprised of watching the raindrops roll down windsheild as we waited in the ferry line, but it was enough for me. We went for a slow walk in B's neighborhood under the cherry blossoms, and the fresh air felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment