Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tried & True Tulip Trick - A Penny For Your Thoughts


With the emerging blooms we are entering into that hopeful time; Spring! Blossoms begin to don my tabletops on a regular basis and earlier this morning I was reminded of a tried and true tulip trick as E and I perused the bouquets while at the market. We'll call it : Give a Penny (stealing from the title of the blog that exposed this fabulous trick to me 2 years back). Add a penny to the bottom of your vase and your flowers won't wilt over.

3 comments:

  1. Really??? I've never heard that before...that's a fantastic tip! Does it work for all flowers or just tulips?

    Oh how I miss the Tulips in WA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Rachel's post, she's tried it with a few different bouquet's and it seemed to work...I've only tried it with tulips.

    After looking around online it seems to work better if you don't use the penny trick in conjunction with that powdery flower food some flower bunches are packed with, it causes some sort of chemical reaction with the metal in the penny and turns the water all funky.

    And yes, I love the tulips here too, can't wait to make our annual trip up the Mt Vernon for the festival of fields and fields of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, tried and true! i can't wait for spring, and flowers, and sun, and warm, and did i say sun?

    hope to see you soon!
    it's been too long :)

    ReplyDelete